Looking for a really easy and simple vegan fudge recipe with minimal ingredients? You’re in luck! This peanut butter fudge recipe contains no animal products, has only 4 ingredients and doesn’t require any heating or baking!
It’s so easy – anyone can make it!
Plus it uses delicious raw cacao which has lots of health benefits. Since discovering the benefits of cacao powder and how it’s a healthy chocolate, I have been using it in so many recipes to make delicious sweet treats for me and my children. Even my kids are now used to the richer taste of dark chocolate and love cacao in homemade chocolate milkshakes and recipes like this!
Read on to discover how easy it is to make this healthy fudge at home!
- 1/2 Mug Melted Coconut Oil
- 1/4 Mug Cacao
- 1 Mug Soaked Pitted Dates
- 1/4 Mug Smooth Peanut Butter
Originally I wrote this recipe with a pinch of salt too, but I don’t think you really need it. I’m not overly fussed by salty tastes. Add salt if you like, or skip it to keep the salt content low!
- Simply pop all these ingredients into a blender and pulse until reasonably smooth.
- Pop into a freezable tray – I used a 5×5 inch.
- Set in the fridge and then score into chunks. Transfer to freezer.
Give it one hour or so and then enjoy!
This recipe makes rich melt-in-the-mouth fudge. Reduce the quantity of cacao and peanut butter for a less intense flavour.
Best eaten straight from the freezer for a cooling chocolatey bite! Great for a refreshing sweet treat on hot summer days!
Can also be eaten immediately from the fridge, but be warned – it starts melting at room temperature!
What are the health benefits of raw cacao?
Raw cacao powder is similar to cocoa powder, but it is cold-pressed and much more unrefined. Therefore it is a lot better for you as it retains many of the nutrients that would otherwise be lost when a lot of processing occurs.
Cocoa powder is usually heated by roasting which reduces its nutritional value.
Cacao is a superfood as it has a very high nutrient content, including many antioxidants.
Here are some of the health benefits of cacao powder:
- More antioxidants than red wine and green tea
- A rich source of minerals, especially magnesium
- Also a source of vitamins including vitamin C
- They contain Omega-6 fatty acids
- Can make you feel good thanks to its phenethylamine (PEA which is a neurotransmitter responsible for the feeling of love) and serotonin content
- It has a low GI so won’t spike your blood sugar levels
- Boosts energy and therefore reduces fatigue
Can I use cocoa?
Of course you can! It won’t have such a rich chocolatey taste, but it will still be yummy I’m sure! Keep an eye on the ingredients though as some cocoa powders have extra ingredients such as added sugar!
The ingredients I listed are all quite easy to find, especially online with online health food companies. You can even get raw cacao powder in most supermarkets now, usually with the wholefoods, baking ingredients or hot chocolate.