Visualization is a technique used by many people to improve their lives. From becoming more successful, less stressed, more positive or achieving goals, there are many ways to use visualization exercises to become a better person, more motivated or to chase your dreams and quite literally change your life.
But what exactly is visualization and how can you easily fit visualization techniques into your everyday life?
Today we will explore what visualization is so you can decide if it’s right for you. We’ll delve into the benefits of visualization, what it can be used for and how the EnVision App is like having your very own visualization mentor in your pocket, or life success coach if you will!
What is visualization?
Firstly, you might be wondering exactly what visualization is. Visualization is the practice of mentally imagining something, whether that might be the life you want to live or imagining a calm place to destress and relax.
You can use your mind to create visual imagery within your head, usually with your eyes closed, to help motivate yourself to achieve a particular goal, or alternatively as a way to meditate and relax.
Many successful people use visualization to follow their dreams and become successful at what they do. In essence, it helps them to see where they want to be and gives them the motivation to achieve this.
For example, visualization exercises are used by professional athletes for mental training before their game to help them prepare for the next one.
Famous names who use visualization include Michael Jordan, Jim Carrey, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Will Smith, Oprah Winfrey, Walt Disney and Albert Einstein.
“Imagination is more important than knowledge.”Albert Einstein
Our mind is a powerful tool and we can use it to help ourselves become more positive, successful and content people through visualization. Such techniques are also used by many people to help them face their fears or worries because visualization allows you to feel like you have actually confronted it already.
What are visualization exercises?
Visualization exercises are powerful practices that can be used to gain insights into one’s thoughts and emotions. This is done by imagining what it would be like if the visualization was actually happening in reality.
They can be used to help people to calm down, find answers they may have been seeking for a long time and/or gain new perspectives on their problem. They can be used as a way to make your subconscious help you in decision-making.
Visualization exercises can be practices in which you imagine your life a certain way or focus on a goal you want to achieve. You picture the event or outcome in your mind, seeing it a reality.
You can also use visualization exercises to imagine a favourite place or calm environment to practice mindfulness or mediation or to create a positive mindset and gratitude by imagining things you are thankful for and recognising the good already in your life.
To do this, you will need to take a moment for yourself and practice the art of mental visualization. You may be able to do this by yourself, or you may prefer to be guided using an app such as EnVision App where someone will guide you through a visualization exercise telling you what to picture in the mind to help you envision it.
How can visualization change your life?
- Motivation and productivity. You can use visualization to envision where you want to be to give yourself the motivation required to get there. If you can imagine yourself as successful, in whatever way success means to you, then you can use this as inspiration to achieve this. Use the inspiration to motivate yourself to be productive in achieving your own success.
- Clarity and focus. The world is busy and our minds are often hectic. There are so many different elements to life that we can lose focus of ourselves and our own goals. Visualization can help you clear your mind and focus on what is important to you giving you clarity about what you want to achieve and a focussed mindset to go ahead.
- Positivity and gratitude. Mental health seems to be at an all-time low. It can be hard to remain positive with all the doom and gloom in the world and our own individual problems. Visualization can be used to create a positive mindset, as well as teach us gratitude. Having a more positive mindset makes us enjoy life more, whilst boosting our mood, our mental health and even our physical health. Learning to be grateful for what we have and what we have already achieved enables us to acknowledge the good in our lives which also encourages a positive mindset.
- Reduce stress and anxiety. Most of us could do with reducing our stress levels. Stress has negative consequences for both our mental health and our physical health, affecting our overall wellbeing. Visualization can help to create a positive mindset, in turn reducing stress, but it can also be used to make us feel calmer and relaxed, easing those thoughts that are causing stress and anxiety.
Mental visualization isn’t one size fits all
As you can see, everyone can benefit from visualization exercises in various aspects of their lives. Whilst it may not suit you personally as a technique for achieving your goals, it may suit you for learning to be more positive or to reduce daily stress.
If you struggle to motivate yourself, then it could be just the tool you need to inspire that motivation and give you a kickstart. You’ll never know until you try.
EnVision App review: improve your life in as little as 10 minutes a day with simple, guided visualization exercises
If you have no idea how to practice visualization exercises to better your life, then the EnVision App is the perfect tool to teach you as a beginner and support you as you advance.
Discover tutorials teaching you how to visualize and many, many visualization exercises for all aspects of your life. With over 160 different sessions at the time of writing, you’re bound to find a practice to suit your needs.
From relaxing on a daybed on a beach, becoming empowered, learning to appreciate yourself, developing a daily gratitude habit, reaching your goals or simply hitting reset on your stress levels, the EnVision App has numerous visualization exercises to satisfy everyone.
Use the app to set your own goals and track your progress each day. With exercises from just a few minutes each day, you can easily fit this into your busy schedule. If you have more time, there are longer exercises too.
Consistency is key and, as EnVision explain, even just ten minutes per day can help inspire your motivation and improve your focus:
“If you want to improve your focus and motivation, guided visualization can help. Using visualization techniques can help you to achieve your goals. Consistently spending just 10 minutes a day on what you want to do with your life, the person you want to become or the life you want to lead will help you focus and work towards it with improved motivation. Choose to practice visualization techniques each day to help you build upon your goals over time.”EnVision App
What are the benefits of the EnVision app for visualization?
- Free to download (remember to change your subscription settings if you don’t want the paid version)
- Free access to the paid version for 7-days
- Learn scientifically proven visualization techniques
- Track your goals and progress
- Create a vision board
- Over 160+ sessions instantly accessible
- Create a personalised journey with the chatbot
- Set a daily intention
EnVision is the perfect app for those who wish to learn how to practice visualization with easily accessible tutorials and visualization exercises on their smartphone or tablet. It will support you through your journey as an advanced user by allowing you to track your goals and achievements, supporting your intentions with numerous pre-recorded practices.