Maintaining a healthy weight is really important to lower the risk of numerous health complaints such as heart disease, diabetes, hypertension, stroke and even some cancers.
Being overweight can put a strain on bones contributing to painful joint disorders such as osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, gout, fibromyalgia and lupus. (source)
Being a healthy weight can help stop or reduce our chances of many complaints such as the above, it can also help us to feel good about ourselves and have more energy to enjoy life.
Being overweight might even knock four years off your life expectancy!
The healthy way to lose weight
If you need to lose weight to reach a healthy BMI and level of body fat, then the best thing you can do is follow a healthy diet and exercise regularly.
Whilst most people immediately think they need to exercise to lose weight, it’s actually the diet that needs the most addressing.
It’s possible to maintain a healthy weight through diet alone, although exercise has its own benefits and should be a part of a healthy lifestyle.
There are many reports that weight loss is 80% nutrition and 20% exercise.
You can maintain a healthy weight through diet alone
I can certainly vouch for this and believe you can reach a healthy weight with a plant based, healthy diet and portion control.
I am a healthy weight and I usually go to the gym every day (pre-Covid), yet my weight doesn’t drop off! I maintain it.
When the lockdown started in the UK I froze my gym membership for six months. I have done way less exercise than I used to. I used to go every day for 30-60 minutes to the gym and now some days I am doing no exercise at all.
I have been for some long walks, but my cardio has stopped completely, for now.
Regardless of doing a lot less exercise than my body is used to, my weight has only crept up two pounds, so I am managing to control maintaining a healthy weight through diet alone.
How diet delivery plans can help you lose weight
If you’ve got no idea where to start when it comes to healthy eating then a healthy diet delivery meal plan might be the kick-start your weight loss journey needs.
Numerous companies offer diet meal plans that are delivered to your door and take the hassle out of healthy eating.
Whilst I’m not an advocate for fad diets, I do see the benefit of a diet delivery plan as it’s a different concept, providing you learn from it and continue with healthy eating as a lifestyle choice and not a one-off diet!
Here are the benefits of a diet delivery plan and how it can help you lose weight:
- Save time – if you ask people why they don’t eat healthier meals then the most likely response is they don’t have time. By choosing a diet delivery plan, all the hard work is done for you. The meal is prepped and you simply need to heat it up and enjoy! There’s no excuse for not having enough time!
- Portion control – one reason a lot of people are overweight nowadays is down to portion sizes. Most of us eat portion sizes that are way too big. It can be difficult to know how big adult portion sizes are meant to be, but a diet delivery plan will send readymade portions that are controlled and the right size. No more guessing and overeating!
- Calorie controlled – if we are eating large portions or the wrong food then we are consuming too many calories each day. Most diet meal plans are calorie controlled and you might even be able to choose how many calories your meals have so you can reach your target weight.
- Nutritious – by choosing a diet plan that has been carefully curated by a nutritionist or professional chef, you can rest assured that you are getting the vitamins and minerals you need each day.
- Inspirational – if you have no idea where to start when it comes to healthy eating, then a meal plan delivery can kickstart your healthy eating adventure. It will show you the types of healthy meals you can make yourself and get you used to the portion sizes you should be consuming.
- Dietary requirements – you can find a meal plan to suit your own dietary requirements and even start one that’s different. For instance, if you are not vegan then give a plant-based diet meal plan a go. It’s healthier for you and the planet and will show you just how delicious a more sustainable diet can be.
- Convenience – ultimately a diet meal delivery plan is the most convenient way to lose weight. Everything is delivered to your door and depending on the plan you choose, it can all be ready prepared and ready to eat or heat up. It’s the laziest way to ensure you are eating healthy, correct portion sizes and calorie controlled meals that are nutritious and delicious every day. If the meals are right there, prepped and ready to go then you have no excuse to make the wrong food choices.
If you need to kickstart a healthier diet or are looking to lose weight through eating nutritious food, then a healthy meal delivery plan is a great place to start.